Saggy Skin? Here Are The Best Ways To Help You Tighten Loose Skin
Sagging skin can be a side effect of the aging process — part and parcel of the fine lines and wrinkles, which develop over time as the skin loses elasticity and declines in collagen production. Excessive exposure to UVA and UVB rays from the sun, smoking cigarettes, and a healthy diet can reduce flexibility. And you may also experience sagging skin if you’ve lost a large amount of weight because the stretched-out skin isn’t always able to bounce back.
However, there are other ways to strengthen the skin in more mild problem areas and restore it to the best possible condition — especially before you want to go under the knife. Let’s look at some of these approaches, and how today you can start to change your skin.
- Construct muscle. Maintaining a fitness regimen involving weightlifting and muscle-building exercises and cardio will help strengthen the sagging skin, as tissue provides a firmer, tauter look.
- Eat nicely. While working on building that muscle, make sure that you feed your body correctly with adequate and high-quality amino acid and protein sources. There are two major components, namely collagen and elastin, that are required to keep the skin healthy and resilient. These ingredients are typically found in protein-rich foods such as grass-fed beef, free-range organic chicken, wild fish, eggs, nuts, bone broth, and fruits and vegetables.
- Try out a lotion that firms the skin. Moisturizing is a vital part of helping the skin to relax and enhance its look. Several skin-firming lotions fit all price ranges on the market. But look for formulations containing ingredients such as aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin E to help hydrate not only the skin but also increase the production of collagen and elastin.
- Aside from a skin-firming lotion, exfoliating it effectively can also do a lot of good. Regular exfoliation and dry brushing helps remove dead cells of the skin and improve circulation. You should also look into a sea salt wash or a sea salt bath, which can help the skin improve blood flow and help to strengthen its shape over time.
- Get some massage. Sure, we suggest you should get a massage. These not only do wonder for your stress level, but these also help improve blood circulation, which can bring benefits to the skin and its appearance. Also, in many spas and massage boutiques, the products are infused with essential oils that hydrate and nourish the skin. It’s not going to be an improvement overnight — nothing is — but it’s a positive step in the right direction. You can also opt to use a proven and tested method such as fasciablaster.